Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4974 Discussions

Advisor - Limit "projection" analysis only to certain files or functions

offloadgpu
Beginner

Hi, I'm interested in limiting the "projection" analysis only to certain files or functions. I want to check the offload to GPU profitability for an application but I want suggestion based only on some files or loops and not on the whole codebase.

I've tried using the collection control APIs  adding

#include <ittnotify.h>
__itt_resume();
some_code(),
__itt_pause();

rebuilding the app, and firstly when I launch, started paused, the "survey" analysis "collection resumed" and "collection pause" are printed several times, meaning that the markers are working. Then it seems that the collection control APIs are not working for the "projection" analysis, since the suggested functions for offloading are the almost the same than the ones without the control APIs.  Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better way to limit the "projection" analysis only on some files? Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi ,

Thank you for posting in Intel communities. Could you please share the following details-

1. Sample reproducer code

2. exact steps and the commands used

3. OS details.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. Could you please give us an update?

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
Ruslan_M_Intel
Employee

You don't need to use ITT API here. I'd recommend to use mark-up feature instead:

advisor --collect=projection --select=foo.cpp:34,bar.cpp:192 --enforce-offload --project-dir=./advi_results

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. Has the solution provided helped? Could you please give us an update?

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread now. If you need any further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos