Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Advisor and OpenMP

Marcos_H_
Novice

Hi all,

Are there any special flags to add when compiling with OpenMP? I am always obtaining this error when executing any program that I compile with -fopenmp/-qopenmp:

advixe: Collection started. To stop the collection, either press CTRL-C or enter from another console window: advixe-cl -r /home/.../intel-advisor/testt/e000/hs001 -command stop.
__bionic_open_tzdata_path: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for Europe/Madrid!
__bionic_open_tzdata_path: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for GMT!
__bionic_open_tzdata_path: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for posixrules!
vcs/tpss2/tpss/src/tpss/runtime/linux/exe/tpss_deepbind.c:237 tpss_deepbind_notify_on_pthread_loaded: Assertion '((tpss_pthread_key_create_call_t)(((((tpss_probe_t*)g_tpss_probes_table) + g_tpss_pt_id[(tpss_pi_pthread_key_create)]))->trampoline)) != ((void *)0) && ((tpss_pthread_setspecific_call_t)(((((tpss_probe_t*)g_tpss_probes_table) + g_tpss_pt_id[(tpss_pi_pthread_setspecific)]))->trampoline)) != ((void *)0) && ((tpss_pthread_getspecific_call_t)(((((tpss_probe_t*)g_tpss_probes_table) + g_tpss_pt_id[(tpss_pi_pthread_getspecific)]))->trampoline)) != ((void *)0) && ((tpss_pthread_self_call_t)(((((tpss_probe_t*)g_tpss_probes_table) + g_tpss_pt_id[(tpss_pi_pthread_self)]))->trampoline)) != ((void *)0) && ((tpss_pthread_getattr_np_call_t)(((((tpss_probe_t*)g_tpss_probes_table) + g_tpss_pt_id[(tpss_pi_pthread_getattr_np)]))->trampoline)) != ((void *)0) && ((tpss_pthread_attr_getstack_call_t)(((((tpss_probe_t*)g_tpss_probes_table) + g_tpss_pt_id[(tpss_pi_pthread_attr_getstack)]))->trampoline)) != ((void *)0) && ((tpss_pthread_attr_getstacksize_call_t)(((((tpss_probe_t*)g_tpss_probes_table) + g_tpss_pt_id[(tpss_pi_pthread_attr_getstacksize)]))->trampoline)) != ((void *)0) && ((tpss_pthread_attr_setstack_call_t)(((((tpss_probe_t*)g_tpss_probes_table) + g_tpss_pt_id[(tpss_pi_pthread_attr_setstack)]))->trampoline)) != ((void *)0) && ((tpss_pthread_attr_setstacksize_call_t)(((((tpss_probe_t*)g_tpss_probes_table) + g_tpss_pt_id[(tpss_pi_pthread_attr_setstacksize)]))->trampoline)) != ((void *)0) && ((tpss_pthread_attr_destroy_call_t)(((((tpss_probe_t*)g_tpss_probes_table) + g_tpss_pt_id[(tpss_pi_pthread_attr_destroy)]))->trampoline)) != ((void *)0) && ((tpss__pthread_cleanup_push_call_t)(((((tpss_probe_t*)g_tpss_probes_table) + g_tpss_pt_id[(tpss_pi__pthread_cleanup_push)]))->trampoline)) != ((void *)0) && ((tpss__pthread_cleanup_pop_call_t)(((((tpss_probe_t*)g_tpss_probes_table) + g_tpss_pt_id[(tpss_pi__pthread_cleanup_pop)]))->trampoline)) != ((void *)0)' failed.

I have tried Intel Advisor 2018, 2019 and 2020; gcc and icc versions are 9.2.1 and 18.0.3 respectively. I have tried linking with -lpthread, -g,... 

Thanks.

Kind regards,

H.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Marcos_H_
Novice

The issue was with the glibc library: I was compiling my target program with glibc 2.23. I have installed and compiled against glibc 2.17 (just in case) and it work properly now. Hope they fix it, though.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Marcos_H_
Novice

The issue was with the glibc library: I was compiling my target program with glibc 2.23. I have installed and compiled against glibc 2.17 (just in case) and it work properly now. Hope they fix it, though.

0 Kudos