Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5014 Discussions

Amplifier XE2013 Error 0x40000002 Insufficient memory Failed to finalize result

Sonjuhi_K_
Beginner

Hello experts,

I am evaluating Parallel Studio XE 2013 update 2 to see if this software could be useful for our software development needs. On most runs it crashes with message "Failed to finalize the result - Error 0x40000002 (Insufficient memory)". Here is what I see in the output window.

The database has been cleared, elapsed time is 0.436 seconds.
Raw data has been loaded to the database, elapsed time is 21.130 seconds.
Data transformations have been finished, elapsed time is 2.387 seconds.
Precomputing frequently used data has been finished, elapsed time is 0.011 seconds.
Finalizing the result took 24.252 seconds.

Sometimes, but not all the time, when I use the "Re-resolve" option it recovers and displays all the results ok. I am pretty sure that my machine has enough available memory. However it could be that I am missing a setting that allows the Amplifier to use more memory? Any help with this will be appreciated. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you,

SK

0 Kudos
46 Replies
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Sergey

I mean full version like VS2010 Ultimate.

Thanks .

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...I mean full version like VS2010 Ultimate... I don't know because I never used it. I expect that memory usage of VS 2010 Ultimate could be even higher then numbers in my previous post.
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Sergey Kostrov wrote:

>>...I mean full version like VS2010 Ultimate...

I don't know because I never used it. I expect that memory usage of VS 2010 Ultimate could be even higher then numbers in my previous post.

Probably yes because of added functionality.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>5. crash-reports >> >>Please see attached. Peter, Have you seen these reports? Where are they?
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I
>>>Thank you everyone, for your responses and help on this issue. This issue now seems to be resolved>>> It seems that his issue is resolved.
0 Kudos