Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Binary file of the analysis target cannot be found.

enriqueg111
Beginner

I'm trying to run the tachyon example. I keep getting the following error:
"Error: Binary file of the analysis target cannot be found. Please check the path or specify another path and try again."

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kirill_R_Intel
Employee
Please ensure that the tachion was successfully built - maybe it wasn't so no executable is created. In the Amplifier XE project properties->target->launch application->Application there should be correct path to the tachion binary. Maybe it points to another directory.

What OS and Amplifier version do you use?

Regards,
Kirill
0 Kudos
enriqueg111
Beginner
Thanks for the response. It should be correct. First I ran the demo by itself. Then I used the Amplifier gui to select the binary. I'm using Linux Redhat 5 and Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2011 Update 1 (build 128765)
0 Kudos
Kirill_R_Intel
Employee
Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2011 Update 2 is available now. Can you update - maybe new version doesn't have the problem? Also, have you tried to analyse other applications? Does the problem appear with any app or with tachion only?
0 Kudos
enriqueg111
Beginner

Thanks, I'll try the update. This does happen with all binaries that I have tried. I've tried with both the command line and gui. I'll grab the new version and post an update.

0 Kudos