Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Blue Screen when using vtune after upgrading to Windows 10

Benjamin_S_3
Beginner

Hi

In my company, I'm currently evaluating vtune. In the process I upgraded my machine from windows 8.1 to windows 10. Since then, any kind of analysis requiring the kernel driver (Advanced hotspot analysis for example) triggers a blue screen. To be more precise - I start my app in paused mode and the blue screen happens as soon I press the "resume" button in vtune, I end up in the blue screen. The error code I get is not always the same, but I have seen IRQ_NOT_LESS_EQUAL now several times, but there have been others as well. 

Is this a known issue or is there anything I can do to solve or assist? 

Thank you 

Benjamin Schindler

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Ekaterina_L_Intel

Hello Benjamin,

Can you please specify exact version and build # of VTune and Windows 10 build (original RTM or November update?)

Do you observe Blue Screen on Advanced hotspots with or w/o stacks collection enabled?

Regards, Katya

0 Kudos
Benjamin_S_3
Beginner

Build number: Update 1 (build 434111)

As for the second question: No, I only observe it when call stacks are enabled (so I don't get it when only 'hotspots' is selected)

0 Kudos
Benjamin_S_3
Beginner

Forgot the windows build: 

Version 1511 OS build 10586.4

I did the update over the network just a few days ago, so I suppose this is the november update

0 Kudos
Ekaterina_L_Intel

Hello Benjamin,

Thanks for the quick confirmation.

This is known issue of Event-Based Sampling with stacks collection on Windows 10 November update (1511). 

It will be addressed in future Update 2 release of VTune Amplifier XE 2016 coming soon.

In the VTune Amplifier XE 2016 Update 1 - EBS with stacks collection works on Windows 10 original release (build 10240).

You can collect stacks via Basic Hotspots as a temporal workaround.

Regards, Katya

0 Kudos
Benjamin_S_3
Beginner

Thank you for the very quick and precise answer!

Benjamin Schindler

0 Kudos