Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plipcsei
Beginner

Call Graph error: CCallTree::Build: No entries in CG raw file.

When I stop the call-graph collection ofan applicationwhich usesa lot of shared objects, I get the following error message:
CCallTree::Build: No entries in CG raw file.
The application starts and behaves as usual, but call-graph data is not collected. I suspect that some environment variable of Vtune is not set correctly, the VTUNE_GLOBAL_DIR and the cache directory is pointing to writeable locations. Is there anything else I could check. For smaller applications call-graph works.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
plipcsei
Beginner

Additional information:

I'm using vtserver on linux and analyzer 7.1 on windowswith RDC.

David_A_Intel1
Employee

From previous problem reports, this could be a mismatch of symbol data or bad debug info from the compiler/linker. Please see http://support.intel.com/support/performancetools/vtune/v71/sb/cs-006107-prd1391.htmfor information on troubleshooting call graph problems.
What development tools are you using to create your application?
plipcsei
Beginner

Thanks DaveA for the reply. According to your opinion I think the problem is that there is no debug info in the libraries I profile. I'm using g++ 2.95.4 for C++ code. I didn't compile the release version with the -g option, this also could be a problem. I read the information at the link you provided, but this didn't help to much. Anyway I'll try to gather call-graph information on debug libraries, I hope this will help.

Hey plipcsei,
Be sure to report back here, no matter what.
Also consider, if you are totally stuck, you should open a case at http://premier.intel.com and let those folks work their magic on it.
If you have to open the case, might not hurt to attach a pack file of the issue, so that support can see what you're seeing.
cheers
jdg
plipcsei
Beginner

Hi,
Well, I'm still stuck with this problem. My company already contacted somebody from Intel, he asked for the packed file and version infos, unfortunately I can't reproduce the fault, because our servers are not available, but I let you know if there is some progress in this matter.
Br,
Peter

Peter, very well, many thanks for reporting back. Should you get into a position to reproduce the experiment, folks here will be very eager to learn more about it.
cheers
jdg