Analyzers
Community support for Analyzers (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor, Intel Inspector)
4969 Discussions

Call graph profiling a mixed .NET and native code application

jsw
Beginner
I am trying to run a call graph profile on a mixed .NET and native code application. When I select the option to collect data on all .NET and native modules, I get the error "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142)." When I select the option to only collect data on .NET modules, my application runs, but after I quit I get the message "No module from the activity was loaded", and no data in VTune. I searched the docs, but couldn't really find anything to address this situation. Any help would be appreciated.

--Jeff

0 Kudos
1 Reply
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Hi Jeff:

Can you describe your application? Is it a web service? A web app? How is it loaded? What are you specifying in the VTune analyzer as the "application to launch"?

The "No module from activity was loaded" message means that the analyzer didn't see the specified module get loaded. Thus, we need to understand how it normally gets loaded.

As far as the "application failed to initially properly" message, this usually indicates that some module didn't like being instrumented. Please see this article and part D for the suggested method of localizing the problem.

0 Kudos