Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Can I have multiple Advisor Results files within a visual studio project?

W_Wang
Beginner

I am running Intel Advisor XE 2013 in visual studio. After running Survey analysis, I got multiple locations that can be considered to add parallelism. In order to find where is the best spot, I want to run separate suitability and correctness analysis and compare the performance. I understand that I can add multiple annotation sites and tasks to achieve this if the multiple sites are not in a nested loop. However, if they are in a nested loop, I cannot get independent suitability and correctness reports for these sites. So I wonder if I can have multiple Advisor Results files within the same project, with each file containing the suitability and correctness reports for each site.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kirill_R_Intel
Employee

Hello,

You can't do that with Advisor XE 2013, but Advisor XE 2015 has a "snapshot" feature. It enables you to save a read-only copy of the given experiment by pressing a "camera-like" icon. This should solve your task - you will have multiple snapshots each with performance estimations saved within the same Visual Studio project.

0 Kudos