Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Can not activate my product

Hany_S_1
Beginner

"I got serial number from my manager for vtune amplifier 2016 as part of purchase for the team. I tried to use it to install the product but it keeps failing with the attached error. I installed the product with evaluation license that worked  and the Intel software manager see my purchased license but when I check the analyzer help->about I get (after it hang and send report) that it is evaluation version !

vtune_issue_edited.jpg

I uninstalled and re-installed but till now only evaluation version can be installed. I contacted support and they told me my license is active they have no idea what is up and asked me to post here !

Any ideas what is happening here ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shailen_Sobhee
Employee

Hello Hany,

Can you please kindly send me your serial number as a Private Message and I will do a check? 

​Thank you and kind regards,

Shailen Sobhee

0 Kudos
Ekaterina_L_Intel

Just for the record:

Hany was able to resolve the issue by registering another HostID at the Intel Registration Center for his S/N and getting the license file manually.

Installation via S/N on his system was impossible due to issues below with installation mechanism:

1. When using S/N only, the invalid host id = ffffffff  was registered at the IRC and installation failed
  2. When using license file with registered Ethernet adapter, the install fails to install because it reads wrong MAC (of unused vmware adapter)

Both issues were escalated to the IRC support team.

Regards, Katya

0 Kudos