Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Can't identify nehalem CPU architecture on Windows

dwl1
Beginner
I'm running VTune analyzer demo on a Windows 2008 Server (64-bit) box with dual X5570 (Core i7) Xeon processors.

Call graphing works fine, but sampling fails because it cannot identify the CPU architecture.

Is there a fix for this?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Quoting - dwl1
I'm running VTune analyzer demo on a Windows 2008 Server (64-bit) box with dual X5570 (Core i7) Xeon processors.

Call graphing works fine, but sampling fails because it cannot identify the CPU architecture.

Is there a fix for this?

Are you sure that you are using latest product v9.1 Update 2?

If you already installed v9.1 Update 2, but can't find event ratios for Intel Core i7 processors - please read http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/can-not-find-event-ratios-for-intelr-coretm-i7-processors/

Regards, Peter
0 Kudos
dwl1
Beginner

Hi Peter,

Thanks for replying.

I'm using the eval, downloaded two weeks ago. Help/About indicates is v9.0, so that's probably it. I think I've found the 9.1U2 download, I'll post back when it's installed/tested.

Thanks,
Dan

0 Kudos
dwl1
Beginner
This worked.

Just a note, I originally downloaded the Thread Profiler and was using the Vtune bundled therein ... the most recent threadf Profile bunder seems to contain an old version of VTune.
0 Kudos