Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4999 Discussions

Cannot install Thread Profiler 3.1 on Vista x64 machine

tomgtimegate_com
Beginner
I've already installed Vtune, but now I can't install Thread Profiler. When I run the installer it unpacks the files and then starts the installer, but nothing ever happens. Task Manager shows at least 3 processes started:

tprofile3.1_010_win.exe, SetupCore.exe, and setup.exe. None of them have windows open in the GUI (nothing is listed in the Applications tab).

If I try to run setup again, it gives the following error:

Another instance of the setup has been detected. Please complete the other install and try again. (setupcore.exe is still running)

I have completely disabled UAC, virus scanner, and tried as Admin, no change. Vtune runs just fine, but there are no Thread Profiler options. Once I let it run over an hour just in case it was doing something, but nothing ever happened. I've rebooted and tried this many times.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
You may exit setup.exe (setupcore.exe?) first then install Thread Profiler. As you know if you completed one Intel Software tool installation but didn't not click "Finish" button, other Intel Software tool can't be installed.

I get confused that Intel VTune Performance Analyzer package already includes Intel Thread Profiler package. You can uninstall VTune and re-install it and with Thread Profiler (after installed VTune Analyzer, the installer will ask you if you would like to install Intel Thread Profiler).

Regards, Peter
0 Kudos
tomgtimegate_com
Beginner
You may exit setup.exe (setupcore.exe?) first then install Thread Profiler. As you know if you completed one Intel Software tool installation but didn't not click "Finish" button, other Intel Software tool can't be installed.

I get confused that Intel VTune Performance Analyzer package already includes Intel Thread Profiler package. You can uninstall VTune and re-install it and with Thread Profiler (after installed VTune Analyzer, the installer will ask you if you would like to install Intel Thread Profiler).

Regards, Peter

Actually, this is the first thing after logging into my machine, once it gets to the desktop, I run the TP installer and this happens. I've rebooted and retried many times, no luck. There is never any dialog at all from the installer, just a quick small empty window that appears for <1 second and goes away, then nothing.
0 Kudos