Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5007 Discussions

Cannot use vtune -report to report results in terminal

YF_
Beginner

Hi,

I want to use VTune to analyze the result of SoCWatch.
First, I import the test.pwr file into VTune by this command:

vtune –import results/test.pwr -result-dir vtune/r000_idle_22.04/

And I run the command to report:

vtune -report hotspots -result-dir r000_idle_22.04/ -source-object function=grid_intersect -group-by=basic-block,address -column=block,source,function,instructions,assembly,cpi,address

Then I got this error:

vtune: Using result path `/home/scg/socwatch_chrome_linux_NDA_v2023.3.0_x86_64/vtune/r000_idle_22.04'
vtune: Executing actions 75 % Generating a report
The filter 'function'can't be applied to this result.
Valid values that can be applied to this result is:
package : Package

vtune: Executing actions 100 % done
vtune: Error: 0x40000023 (User input error)

Since there is no gui on this server, I want to see the result in terminal. 

Thanks,
YF

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JyothisV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

We tried replicating the issue from our side and was unable to do so since the Intel® SoC Watch command that you used to capture test.pwr was unavailable. This command determines the parameters that can be used to import the results into Intel® VTune Profiler to perform any form of filtering or reporting.

As an initial troubleshooting of the error message, the filter that you used is not applicable to the results that were collected by the Intel® SoC Watch. Can you get back to us with the exact command that you used to collect test.pwr or the steps that you followed to collect the Intel® SoC Watch results.

References:

Supported options for Intel® SoC Watch can be obtained by running the below command:

<socwatch installation directory>/socwatch --help

E.g.:

/opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/latest/socwatch/x64/socwatch --help

Intel® SoC Watch User Guide: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/develop/public/us/en/documents/intel-soc-watch-user-guide-external-windows.pdf

Thanks and Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos
JyothisV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

We have not received any update/information from you yet. Is the issue resolved? If not, do get back to us.

Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos
YF_
Beginner

Hi,

I ran the command you provided, but after I consented the materials, it popped out

FATAL: Plugin integrity check failed!

How could I solve this?

Thank, 

Yf

0 Kudos
YF_
Beginner

@YF_ wrote:

Hi,

I ran the command you provided, but after I consented the materials, it popped out

FATAL: Plugin integrity check failed!

How could I solve this?

Thank, 

Yf

Nvm, I have solve this by running as superuser.

0 Kudos
JyothisV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

Can you let us know if your issue is resolved? If yes, kindly mark it as a solution as it will help others with a similar issues. If not, do get back to us.

Thanks and Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos
JyothisV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

We have not received any response from you.

Intel will no longer monitor this thread. If you need assistance with Intel products and services, kindly post a new question.

Thanks and Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos