Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5074 Discussions

Change Problem State outside GUI?

Frankie_F_1
Beginner

Hello,

I could change problem states from New to Deferred(or others) with the Inspector GUI. Is it possible to do that programmatically with a client library? That would allow, for example, multiple developers to update issue states issue management with web interface.

Thanks,

Frankie

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

I cannot find any way to change the problems' state outside GUI, I mean in command line.

The possible workaround is - initial result directory can be copied to multiple developers. Everyone can investigate the their problems and changes their problems' state in copied result directories, they can merge their problems' state to initial result directory. For example,

inspxe-cl -merge-states ./new-result-devloper1 -result-dir ./init-result

inspxe-cl -merge-states ./new-result-devloper2 -result-dir ./init-result

0 Kudos
Frankie_F_1
Beginner

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the suggestion. Does it require an active license in order to update the 'problem state' with Inspector GUI?

Frankie

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Frankie F. wrote:

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the suggestion. Does it require an active license in order to update the 'problem state' with Inspector GUI?

Frankie

Sure...every developer should have active license to change problems' state, then merge new state to result (state) to original result directory (baseline)

So far we don't support to edit state in result directory:-)

0 Kudos
Frankie_F_1
Beginner

I see. Thanks.

Frankie

0 Kudos