Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

ClientIntC

dougf
Beginner
I'm getting an error "could not find ClientIntC function in the tool". Any idea what is causing this?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jesper_Lehmann_Pouls
Hi,

I'm getting the same error message: "Collection failed Error: could not find ClientIntC function in the tool"

It happens when I choose "Hotspots", "Concurrency" or "Lock and Waits".
The rest of the options (including "Lightweight Hotspots") seem to be working fine so the problem appears to be related to user-mode sampling.

I'm using build 139491 of VTune with VS2008 on 64 bit Windows 7.
0 Kudos
Kirill_R_Intel
Employee
I've answered to it in this topic:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=81974

Problem with ClientIntC is being fixed by design now.
0 Kudos
Jesper_Lehmann_Pouls
Great, thanks.
0 Kudos
Wil_R_
Beginner
Any news on when this is expected to be fixed? I've just tried uninstalling & replacing with Update 4, and I'm still experiencing the problem.
Alternatively, any clues as to what the environment issue is that triggers this problem? I'd really like to solve this as I'm completely blocked on profiling...
Thanks
0 Kudos
Kirill_R_Intel
Employee
Our developers are working on a fix at the moment. For now I can't say in what update it will be included. It was found that problem is caused by automatic injection of some dll into analyzed process. This dll can be from many third-party applications. Two known are Kaspersky Internet Suite 2011 and Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro. If you have one of these applications, try to uninstall Kaspersky or disable plugin "Capture CAD Models" in Acrobat.

If you don't have these apps, there is another one with same issue. Try to debug what unrelated dlls are loaded with your analyzed program. Removing or renaming them can have an effect. In any case, problem is environment-specific, running Amplifier XE on different machineshould not havethis issue.

This is not appropriate and universal workaround, but some clue for you. I'll update the thread when fix is available.

Regards,
Kirill
0 Kudos
Wil_R_
Beginner
Thanks, that helped. In my case, I found that I had Acrobat installed, and I was able to work around the issue fairly easily, so I thought I'd share in case anyone else is also stuck. I downloaded this tool from sysinternals (think msconfig, but on steroids):
In the AppInit tab, disable the acaptuser64.dll library, reboot. That solved it...
Cheers
0 Kudos
Kirill_R_Intel
Employee
Thank you!

The acaptuser64.dll is the dll related to 3D capture plugin of Acrobat. Your solution is universal and provides ability to identify and disable failing dll when it is not known. This is good point to people who also experiences the issue.

Regards,
Kirill
0 Kudos