Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5017 Discussions

Driver and support assistant not working on windows 7 pro

Coonbold
Beginner

Hi all,

i have a problem with my intel bluetooth audio device as well as intel bluetooth server.

The driver is not signed and windows trows error 52. Windows problem handling does not give any result. 

To checkup and download the correct driver software i installed the driver and support assistant software.

However - it does not work. Although i was able to install the software it does not present any results on the intel website. Instead i get the information:

During the program start on December 8, 2022 at 20:02 no internet was available. Please refresh the page to try again.

This is very annoying because I suspect this defective driver is preventing my upgrade to Windows10.
So I need to install a correct driver... only which one if the driver assistant doesn't work?????

Can anyone help me here?

System is Win7 Pro with I7 4710 CPU and 8GB RAM wit nvidia GEforceX grapics

Greetings Coonbold

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Coonbold, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

What is the model of the Intel® Wireless card?

What is the model of the Bluetooth device?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Coonbold
Beginner

Hi Albert,

thanks for reply.

The board on my laptop is a W65_67SJ and te wireless AC is a Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260.

Bluetooth was working fine besides this error in the Bluetooth audio device in section audio, video and game controller in the device manager.

The error message i get outr of the device manager:

The digital signature of the drivers required for this device cannot be verified. A recent hardware or software change may have installed an incorrectly signed or corrupted file. It may also be malicious software from an unknown source. (code 52)

The date of the driver is 2014 and the Microsoft driver update utility tells me that there is no update from Microsoft - driver is at its newest release.

The only hardware change i did was to insert a new larger ssd harddisk but i doubt that this is the source of the issue.

And this is at home not in business environment.

Greetings,

Martina

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi Coonbold, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information.

The Intel® Driver Support Assistant should work with Windows* 7. Please verify the link below where you will be to see troubleshooting steps to try to fix a possible problem with the tool:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026895/software/software-applications.html

In order for us to further assist you in trying to find the proper Bluetooth driver for your device, please please confirm if the wireless card was purchased separately or if it came installed on the computer?

What is the model of the Bluetooth device?

Also, please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Coonbold, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Coonbold, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

As an option, you can always get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the laptop to report this scenario and for further technical assistance on this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos