Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5002 Discussions

Error occurred during drilldown Cause of error cannot be determined

TimP
Honored Contributor III
This message comes up in Vtune 7.1A when the 3.0 rdc finishes data collection. I removed the Vtune installation from Windows2000, installed it on XP, went through the 2 hours of data collection, and the same thing happened on XP. The analysis progress bar comes up under Windows 2000, but it sticks at 0%. I can't even find anything about this most frequently occurring error message in the help menu.

A hint from a colleague is that the Windows Vtune GUI exhibits this failure any time there is a message "selected event did not occur," so I am attempting a repeat. The Windows GUI deletes the data collection directories when it fails, so the evidence is gone.

Message Edited by tim18 on 08-25-2004 02:43 PM

Another error I made is that I checked the "start with data collection suspended" box, which no longer is the right thing to do when all you want is to specify a start delay.

Message Edited by tim18 on 08-25-2004 03:02 PM

0 Kudos
1 Reply
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Tim:
If you are having a technical problem, please submit an issue at Intel Premier Support. We provide help with technical problems at the Premier web site and would be glad to try to help you.
0 Kudos