I'm running this VTune version from the 2023.2.0 oneAPI base toolkit:
Intel(R) VTune(TM) Profiler 2023.2.0 (build 626047) Command Line Tool
I'm trying to run a hotspot analysis on an application which uses a library I am developing, and VTune reports the following error:
/opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/2023.2.0/bin64/amplxe-runss: /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/2023.2.0/bin64/../lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by /home/adam/local/apps/otter-intel/lib/libotter-task-graph.so)
When I look for "GLIBCXX_3.4.29" in /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/2023.2.0/bin64/../lib64/libstdc++.so.6:
strings /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/2023.2.0/bin64/../lib64/libstdc++.so.6 | grep "GLIBCXX_3.4.29"
the string isn't found, however it is present in /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 which is a dependency of the library I'm writing.
Thank you for posting in Intel communities.
Could you please try the below suggestions to resolve the issue.
- Source the oneAPI 2023.2 environment to be enabled
Intel oneAPI Toolkit 2023.2 can be sourced forcefully by running the below command:
source /opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh --force
- export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
- Could you please try to repeat the steps from scratch for rebuilding/installing, etc. that is required for your application?
Please let us know the below details if the issue still persists:
1. OS details
2. The application and the exact commands you are trying out.
3. The output of the self-checker logs. This can be obtained by running the below command:
Otherwise, if this resolves your issue, please make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issues.