Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Evaluation version asks for license..

Ammaniel_A_
Beginner

Hi,

1) I just downloaded and installed the free 30 day evaluation and i get a license issue when i finish analysing an application in the stand alone gui. Is there a licence for the free version?

License check failed
    14/04/2015 18:21:44  Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2015 cannot find valid license. Data cannot be displayed. 

Error 0x4000001f (No valid license) -- License file is not found. Make sure that your license file is in the correct location and readable.
Tip: Consider setting the license file location with the INTEL_LICENSE_FILE environment variable. 

2) I also cant seem to get the plugin for vc2013 c++ express to work. Even though i have followed the instructions here  <install dir>documentation/en/welcomepage/get_started.html

0 Kudos
10 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi!

This is a known issue that we hope to address in an upcoming release.  Please see this article for a workaround.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Also, Visual Studio Express is not supported, as I recall.  Please see the Release Notes for details.

0 Kudos
Cliff_H_
Beginner

the workaround does not work, it doesn't email a license file. The product is currently useless.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Cliff:

I just emailed it to you using the same mechanism.  I received a copy of the email, as well.  Please ensure that your email server is not filtering the email out because of the attachment or otherwise.

Also, note, if you uninstall and re-install using the serial number, instead of the "Eval for 30 days" options, it will also enable the product.

0 Kudos
Ammaniel_A_
Beginner

Thanks i got the license file.

Can I still use VTune even though i am using Express? It seems to run fine ( stand alone ) but it was just the license issue that stopped me seeing the results. I will try anyway but i am just asking in-case you know of a known issue. 

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

I guess I was mistaken.  The Release Notes state:

• Supported Microsoft Visual Studio versions:
    • Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2010 and SP1
    • Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2012
    • Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2013 RC
    • NOTE: Support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010* is deprecated - In a future major release of the Intel VTune Amplifier XE, support for use with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010* will be removed. Intel recommends that customers migrate to Microsoft Visual Studio 2012* at their earliest convenience.
0 Kudos
Ammaniel_A_
Beginner

FYI: Works with VS Express 2013 for Desktop. License issue also resolved. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Pramod_K_
Beginner

Hi MrAnderson,

I have the same issue: I downloaded the vtune amplifier evaluation OS X client and trying to visualise the results collected on our linux cluster. I have 30 days evaluation for OS X client (see screenshot) and I see the license checkout error. Could you please have a look?

Another question: For the OS X client, can I use the vtune license installed on our linux cluster? Or is there a separate license required?

Screen Shot 2015-04-22 at 09.03.52.png

0 Kudos
Pramod_K_
Beginner

Can someone provide me suggestion about what I should do in this case?

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Yes.  Please post your request to the Download, Licensing and Registration forum.  We are going to handle all these issues in that forum, from now on.

Sorry, to answer your second question, yes, you should be able to use the same license, assuming it is a newer one that added the OSX* support.  Without seeing it, I can't guarantee it will work.  Certainly, there is no harm in trying it. ;)

0 Kudos