Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

ExReleaseResourceLite

petereriksen
Beginner

Windows Vista 64bit, running 32bit executable: Sampling shows that I am spending a lot of time in the function ExReleaseResourceLite. I don't see it in my call graph, though. Any good ideas how to track when and where it is called?

Thanks!

Peter

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Quoting - petereriksen

Windows Vista 64bit, running 32bit executable: Sampling shows that I am spending a lot of time in the function ExReleaseResourceLite. I don't see it in my call graph, though. Any good ideas how to track when and where it is called?

Thanks!

Peter

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Quoting - petereriksen

Thanks!

Peter

That is quite different for sampling and call graph data collection. Sampling is for system wide data collection and it can collect system modules and user modules. Call graph can only collect data in user mode.

Sampling results include data in other system modules which was invoked by targeted application (process), for example Operation System module, device drivers, etc. ExAcquireResourceExclusiveLite is used in DDK for driver device, which is properly NOT in call graph results.

0 Kudos