Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5001 Discussions

Export results in readable format

eantyshev
Beginner
Greetings!

I'm using vtune for my "science" project.
I need to collect this info:
Upon completion of every function in each thread I need values:
cpu time, elapsed time + L1 instruction cache miss rate per thread
As far as I understand, there was TBRW library in VTune 9.1, but
there is no such in vtune amplifier xe 2011.
How could I export results from vtune in some readable format?
Best regards, Evgeny.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
I suppose that TBRW include/library is APIs in old product, which allows the user design their own sampling driver and record performance data, which format can be recognized by VTune Analyzer. There is no such function in new product.
You can select "Memory Access" analysis type to perform data collection. In bottom-up report, change display type to "Thread / Function" then you can get data for each function of each thread.
Simply select interest of Rows in report - right-click on to "Export to CSV" to save result file.
Regards, peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
I suppose that TBRW include/library is APIs in old product, which allows the user design their own sampling driver and record performance data, which format can be recognized by VTune Analyzer. There is no such function in new product.
You can select "Memory Access" analysis type to perform data collection. In bottom-up report, change display type to "Thread / Function" then you can get data for each function of each thread.
Simply select interest of Rows in report - right-click on to "Export to CSV" to save result file.
Regards, peter
0 Kudos
eantyshev
Beginner
Thanks, Peter!
I've started investigating amplxe-cl usage,
and you saved me a lot of time, because I know what to look for.
Best regards, Evgeny.
0 Kudos