There are numerous reason why this behavior might occur. Are you able to replicate the behavior the process you are analyzing? If so, can you
- Let us know more about the nature of the application you are attempting to analyze which is failing? Is it managed, unmanaged, or mixed? What language(s) is the application written in? What is the base language?
- Are you running analysis inside of Visual Studio?
- Are you running as Administrator?
- In the Analysis type tab, is the Collect highly accurate CPU time checkbox enabled?
- In the Analysis type tab, if you click re-resolve what is the behavior. Does the behavior change?
- What is the duration of the analysis run?
- Are you able to run lightweight hotspots on the process?
- Can you provide the Intel VTune Amplifier XE command line being ran? You can obtain the command line from Intel VTune Amplifier GUI Analysis Summary tab > and click on the Get Command Line button.
This may help narrow the scope of the issue. We may need to collect some logging, etc. however we may want to do this as a private thread after initial triage.