Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4974 Discussions

GPU Engines utilization readings

OTorg
New Contributor III

Hi,

OTorg_0-1616071294254.png

Is it possible to read "Video Codec", "Video Codec 2", "Render and GPGPU" utilization levels in (my) software under Windows (e.g. query them from GPU driver)? Or they are a VTune-specific measurements?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alexander_T_Intel1

Hi,

That's quite hurt that you are not using VTune to check your GPU utilization..

Anyway, on Windows the most common way to do this is Task Manager:

Alexander_T_Intel1_0-1616568057096.png

Here is the mapping: 3D->Render and GPGPU; Copy->Blitter; Video Decode->Video Codec; Video Processing->Video Enhancements, etc.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel forums.

We will check on this internally and will get back to you soon.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
DMITRY_T_Intel
Employee

Hi Oleksandr,

I asked our developers and waiting for reply.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Alexander_T_Intel1

Hi,

That's quite hurt that you are not using VTune to check your GPU utilization..

Anyway, on Windows the most common way to do this is Task Manager:

Alexander_T_Intel1_0-1616568057096.png

Here is the mapping: 3D->Render and GPGPU; Copy->Blitter; Video Decode->Video Codec; Video Processing->Video Enhancements, etc.

0 Kudos
OTorg
New Contributor III

Hi,

>> That's quite hurt that you are not using VTune to check your GPU utilization..

I want to clarify. I don't refuse VTune, I like it and use occasionally for development needs. But I don't see the possibility of using VTune in a production environment:) So, looking for a way to take GPU readings directly...

Thanks for your answer.

0 Kudos
Alexander_T_Intel1

I see:)

I know for sure that we are using ETW tracing technology that is standard on Windows, but I'm not sure about the implementation details..

Please try Event Tracing for Windows and in case you are still struggling - let me know, I will try to help you.

0 Kudos
DMITRY_T_Intel
Employee

Hi Oleksandr,

Since your question has been answered we are not going to monitor this topic any more. If you have a new question\issue just create a new topic.

Thank you!

0 Kudos