Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

GPU In-profiling analyze report error

chang__yitao
Beginner

Product: Intel®️ VTune™️ Amplifier update 2

Today When I analyze the gpu instructions cycles via the GPU In-profiling mode, the VTUNE report a error:" Assertion failed:gtpin_support: 1733: (ocl_kernel == thread_kernel) :.Please contact the technical support..." 

What's wrong ? thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Egor_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

Could you please try to reproduce the issue using VTune 2019 Update 4? Because it contains new version of instrumentation engine that is supported now.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
chang__yitao
Beginner

Hi,

As you said, I try to use the update 4 version. Run GPU In-kernel profiling report new error as follows:

cannot load data file'...\Amplifier XE\Projects\kernels\r033gp\data.0\13732-24892.0.trace'

0 Kudos
Egor_S_Intel1
Employee
Hi, Could you please share the result directory r033gp with us? Also if you can provide the application that you profile or small example that can be used to reproduce the issue it will help us to investigate this issue. Thanks.
0 Kudos
chang__yitao
Beginner

Hi,

The load data file is empty , sorry I have deleted this files. Today I re-try the VTUNE GPU In-kernel profiling, I found that the issue has been fixed automatically. I do not anything about this issue  except using the update 4. In my attempt,I find that sometimes the Estimated GPU cycles  function seems has a little problem. About the Estimated  GPU cycles function ,Is there a switch to control on/off on the update 4 version?Thanks a lot 

0 Kudos
Egor_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

Could you please describe what problem do you have with the "Estimated GPU cycles" metric?
And if you try to reproduce the problem with trace file loading, please set the following environment variable:

set TPSS_DEBUG=1

It will enable additional logs. Also please note that we need whole result directory (not only trace file).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
chang__yitao
Beginner

Hi ,

It is a pity that now the error has arisen again and  I have attached the related files. 

Work mode: local host ,  launch application , GPU In-kernel Profiling 

Please help , thanks a lot !!!

0 Kudos
Egor_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

Could you please enable additional logs using following environment variable and run VTune:

set TPSS_DEBUG=1
<path_to_vtune>\bin64\amplxe-gui.exe

reproduce the problem and attach all log files from r***gp/data.0 folder.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
chang__yitao
Beginner

Hi,

As you said , I set the environment variable  adn then run Vtune, the generated files were attached.

please check again , thanks a lot~

0 Kudos