Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johan_baltie
Beginner
151 Views

Hang up after data collection

Hello

I run VTune in order to get a call graph of some part of our application since one month now. All worked perfectly, till I had to move to the last version of our software whose main improvement is to mix CLR and native.

And now, I cannot have any call graph. VTune hang after I close our software with:

Thu Jun 28 18:21:05 2007 Data collection finished...

Thu Jun 28 18:21:05 2007 Updating call graph database...

The progress bar in the status bar is stopped at 71% with ou_software.exe.105711D8.jit on the left.


I tried a lot of things (recompiling everything, adding, removing dll from instrumentation, creating new VTune projects, etc....) but the issue remains the same.
Does anybody encounter this ?

Cheers
--
Johan
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Boris_Sunik
Beginner
151 Views

I have the same problem but without CLR code. When the data collection finished the activity either reported as not finished orVtune simplyhangs up.

It seems, it is something wrong in this version

aokunev
Beginner
151 Views

Please submit the issue report on the Intel Premier support site. It'd be great if you attach sample application showing the regression.

In parallel we're trying to reproduce the issue in our testing lab.

regards, Andrei

Intel_C_Intel
Employee
151 Views

We can't reproduce this problem on the latest VTune builds.

But I suppose following actions may fix this issue:

- Create and run CG activity.

- Go to properties of activity and click configure... button for CG Collector.

- Then select msvcr80.dll in the list of modules and click on Functions button to view all functions belong to selected module.

- Find and uncheck all functions which have NLG_ prefix in the name (for example NLG_Dispatch2, NLG_Return)

- Run activity again.

Regards,

Maxim

&n bsp;

johan_baltie
Beginner
151 Views

The problem also disappeared after an update to VTune 9.
andreas_ekstrand
Beginner
151 Views

I had the same problem, but it disappeared after moving the source code, projectand Vtune files from the file server to a local disk.
Reply