I run VTune in order to get a call graph of some part of our application since one month now. All worked perfectly, till I had to move to the last version of our software whose main improvement is to mix CLR and native.
And now, I cannot have any call graph. VTune hang after I close our software with:
Thu Jun 28 18:21:05 2007 Data collection finished...
Thu Jun 28 18:21:05 2007 Updating call graph database...
The progress bar in the status bar is stopped at 71% with ou_software.exe.105711D8.jit on the left.
I tried a lot of things (recompiling everything, adding, removing dll from instrumentation, creating new VTune projects, etc....) but the issue remains the same.
Does anybody encounter this ?
I have the same problem but without CLR code. When the data collection finished the activity either reported as not finished orVtune simplyhangs up.
It seems, it is something wrong in this version
the issue report on the Intel Premier support site. It'd be great if you attach
sample application showing the regression.
In parallel we're trying to reproduce the issue in our testing lab.
We can't reproduce this problem on the latest VTune builds.
But I suppose following actions may fix this issue:
- Create and run CG activity.
- Go to properties of activity and click configure... button for CG Collector.
- Then select msvcr80.dll in the list of modules and click on Functions button to view all functions belong to selected module.
- Find and uncheck all functions which have NLG_ prefix in the name (for example NLG_Dispatch2, NLG_Return)
- Run activity again.