Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4999 Discussions

How to export a result of an analyze to readable format?

Matheus_S_
Beginner

Hi everyboby,

I'm new here in the forum so i would like to apologize if my post isn't in accordance with the rules.

I'm working on a scientífic paper on the university and need scan a code regardind the amount and tipe of branchs and export a log file that is readble nd contains the base adress and the target adress of each branch, and it was taken or not.

I started using the Vtune a short time and I couldn't find a way to do what i need.

So i want to know if it is possible to do this?If Yes, how can i do?And if no, you could apoint me some tool that i can do this?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi Mattheus S.:

No, VTune Amplifier doesn't do this kind of monitoring. That is something more for a simulator rather than a profiler.

You might find a pintool, or write one, to log branches and if they are taken or not.  Lots of people have written pintools, so there might be something out there, but I am not aware of any.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Such functionality is in the profile guided data collection of Intel compilers. Surely you could find references perhaps about similar use of other compiler.

0 Kudos
Matheus_S_
Beginner

Thanks!!

0 Kudos