Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4999 Discussions

How to install when the license file is expired for updates

jon_boothmediadesign
I've just joined a team where they bought a license for vtune with premier support and updated valid for a year. Now however that license has expired. However we don't have a current install (as the machine with it on was re-imaged).

I want to install vtune with the installer for a version that was covered by the license. As we bought the software we should still be able to install this older version.

However it refuses to install saying my license file has expired. I've asked for support and been referred to this forum.

Can anyone help me to install this product?

thanks,
Jon
0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Any versions that are available would be on the Registration Center. If you've registered your serial number, you should have access to the product. Once on the download page, look for Release and Update drop-down lists (see below) to select any available release.

0 Kudos
jon_boothmediadesign
The product was licensed by someone no longer at the school so it's difficult for me to access his registration and I can't re-register the product..

As far as I know however the VTune build I'm installing is the same version that was originally installed - it and the license file were stored together.
0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee
The product was licensed by someone no longer at the school so it's difficult for me to access his registration and I can't re-register the product..

As far as I know however the VTune build I'm installing is the same version that was originally installed - it and the license file were stored together.

I suggest you register for the eval of the VTune analyzer at http://www.intel.com/software/products/global/eval.htm and then submit an issue at Intel Premier Support so that we can assist you further. We will need to gather some personal data and I'm sure you don't want to do that in this non-secure area.

0 Kudos