Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4992 Discussions

How to reinstall damaged installation?

swsnyder
Beginner
I damaged my VTune v3.0 installation by erasing the /opt/intel/sag subdirectory. Now I am unable to do a clean uninstall, nor is a reinstall possible while I have "installed" packages.

How can I completely remove all trace of the VTune installation from my system, so that I can do a clean re-install?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Well, removing everything by hand is one way to approach this problem.I would start by unloading the sampling driver with the rmmod-vtune script in the /opt/intel/vtune/vdk/src directory. Next, try removing all the 'intel' rpms, i.e., do an 'rpm -qa | grep intel' and remove all the packages related to the VTune analyzer. (You might have the Intel compiler installed, I don't know if you do or don't. All I'm saying is don't remove RPMs that are part of other Intel products that you may have installed.) Finally, remove /op/intel recursively.
Another alternative would be to install the product on another system, tar up the /opt/sag directory, and copy it to the first system. If you replace this directory, you may be able to then uninstall the product and reinstall it.
0 Kudos
swsnyder
Beginner
I followed your advice of installing on another machine and copying the /opt/sag directory. I was then able to do a clean uninstall, then re-install.

Thanks, Dave.
0 Kudos