Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

I try to use hardware sampling event to calculate the L1,L2 miss, but it says that" unable to open shared library:libivytown.so

sun_s_
Beginner

I try to use hardware sampling event to calculate the L1,L2 miss.

I use the command" amplxe-cl -collect-with runsa -knob event-config=MEM_LOAD_UPOS_RETIRED.LLC_HIT_PS,  MEM_LOAD_UOPS_LLC_HIT_RETIRED.XSNP_HIT_PS, MEM_LOAD_UOPS_LLC_HIT_RETIRED.XSNP_HITM_PS,CPU_CLK_UNHALTED.THREAD /home/test"

but it fails saying that "osi_DLL_ERROR:libivytown.so:cannot open shared object file:no such file or directory

unable to open shared library :libivytown.so".

My machine is Ivybridge E5-2692v2. Using "amplxe-cl -collect hotspots" command is successful.

I have no idea about what the error means. Is there any thing wrong with my library file?

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_A_Intel1
Employee

This indicates that you are using a newly released processor for which support has not been made publicly available, yet.  The next update of VTune(TM) Amplifier XE 2013 should include this support.  Watch for the update information in the Registration Center and Intel(R) Software Update Manager.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee

This indicates that you are using a newly released processor for which support has not been made publicly available, yet.  The next update of VTune(TM) Amplifier XE 2013 should include this support.  Watch for the update information in the Registration Center and Intel(R) Software Update Manager.

0 Kudos
sun_s_
Beginner

@MrAnderson (Intel)

Thanks a lot. I'll watch for the update information.

However, while I turn to use a sandybridge microarchitecture, I encounter 2 problems when I try to use the formula given by @ Kirill Rogozhin (Intel) to  calculate the cache miss.

1.When I calculate the L3 miss ratio, I get 90%. But my test application code is just one line using function printf. Therefore , it can't be that

big. And when I calculate the L2 miss ration, the result is even bigger than 1 which is obvious not correct.

2.When I use hardware event :MEM_LOAD_RETIRED.LLC_HIT_PS , it shows that it's a invalid event. But on the platform of Sandybridge,

I think this event should be valid. So, I've no idea what's happening.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sun.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi sun:

I'm sorry.  I can't help you with that.  I just use the tool.  We already have everything defined in the General Exploration analysis type.  All micrprocessor issues are defined and identified via this analysis type, so I never calculate my own. :\

If you review our tuning guides, you will see that the General Exploration analysis type correlates directly to the tuning guides.  I highly recommend you follow these guides and the advise we provide via them.

0 Kudos