Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4999 Discussions

IPF remote collector kills mpi and issues error code R6025

TimP
Honored Contributor III
Does the released remote collector support multiple sampling subsessions, as the beta did? I find that, if vtune continues to run into a second subsession, as it must when more than 4 events are to be collected, it kills the lamd mpi daemon. I suppose this could be dealt with by running a script which resets the environment for each subsession, but the beta didn't require that.
Also, the released version dies frequently with the message
"Runtime Error!
Program:.....VtuneEnv.exe
R6025
-pure virtual function call"
Pardon me, but what does Vtune want done differently?
The premier people gave me 3 days to report whether the issues with the beta had been fixed, but it's taking longer than that to reproduce what the beta was capable of, with all the changes.
I've put back the same installation of AS2.1, May 2003 update. I did lose it while installing the new vtserver, but I've done what I could to restore the environment used during beta.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
It does work much better, with everything built into a script which resets the environment for each event collection group. New advice to self: leave the Vtune command arguments and environements lines empty, put it all in a script.
0 Kudos
jeffrey-gallagher

Good advice, Tim, although I have followed it for some time due to being a really awful typist...

jdg

0 Kudos