Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Inspector: unable to view source

C_L_
Beginner

I'm experimenting with the inspector to detect a data race using a very simple example that has some Cilk Plus code. The inspector detects the race but doesn't to show source code -- I get the message  "Symbol information not found. Suggestion: Specify locations in a Project Properties dialog search tab, then re-resolve the result".

I'm using Visual Studio 2015 and Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 on a Windows 10 box.

I Followed the instructions on (https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/622484) and added the location of the pdb file for the project using Project Properties-> Binary/Symbol Search -> Search Directories and reran the analysis, but the issue is still not resolved. 

Appreciate any help to resolve this issue. Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_O_Intel1
Employee

Do you get any source code on the call stack? Or is their no source at all?

Kevin

0 Kudos
C_L_
Beginner

No, I don't see any source code.  Pl. see attached screenshot.

0 Kudos
C_L_
Beginner

Anyone, any ideas pl? ; )

Not sure if I'm making a silly mistake, but then again I don't know how hard it should be to do what I'm trying to do.

And, just so you know, Amplifier XE works just fine for me.  (As I indicated earlier, I'm using Parallel Studio XE 2017).

0 Kudos