Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4992 Discussions

Intel Advisor Windows GUI will not start due to missing dll

Jones__Brian
New Contributor I

I had Intel Advisor_2020_update1 installed on my Windows system and it worked well for about a week. Then I started the program and got this error message: "The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-il-2-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

So I uninstalled update1 and downloaded Intel Advisor_2020_update2. I clicked the start link and got the same error message: "The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-il-2-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Finally, I downloaded a copy of this dll from https://wikidll.com/microsoft/api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0-dll and copied it to the C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\Advisor 2020\bin64 folder where advixe-gui.exe resides, but I still get the same error message even though it's there.

What can I do to fix this?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

If you want to dig a little bit deeper, than you might use a windbg to run Intel Advisor program. Before starting the Advisor under debugger you should configure the gflags tool to enable so called "show loader snaps" option to trace image and its dependencies loading phase.

More here

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/show-loader-snaps

0 Kudos
Andrey_K
Employee

Hello Brian,

Did you have Windows upgrade recently? This dll related to Windows API. You can read more here

0 Kudos
Moh
Beginner

I have the same problem.

0 Kudos
Jennifer_D_Intel

Which version of Advisor shows this error? Does it happen with the latest oneAPI version? Can you say more about your Windows configuration, such as the version or OS build number?

0 Kudos
Jones__Brian
New Contributor I

Windows 10.  I installed oneAPI and now there  is no problem. 

Thanks for following up. 

0 Kudos
Jennifer_D_Intel

This issue has been resolved and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

0 Kudos