Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel Advisor freeze when selecting loops from Survey & Rootline tab

I was running Intel Advisor 2019 from Visual Studio 2015. I was selecting the loops for a Check Dependencies analysis when Visual Studio froze suddenly (see Advisor-freezes.jpg). I opened the Task Manager and I saw that the process for visual studio was waiting for advisor's process. Then I analyzed its wait chain (See Advisor-Wait-Chain-1.jpg and Advisor-Wait-Chain-2.JPG files). I found that threads 10212 and 23376 were waiting for thread 8156. I got the stacks of these threads (see corresponding attached txt files), and a dump file (it's compressed). My license for Intel Advisor is for a student. Do you know how could I open a ticket to report this bug?,

Regards,

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Kevin_O_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

Can you tell me the version of Advisor you are using? You mention 2019... are you using the latest version (update 3)

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

It was Advisor 2019 update 2. As a workaround, I have been running Intel Advisor from the Intel Advisor GUI. I have installed  Advisor update 3 a few weeks ago. I will try to reproduce the error to see if it happens again.

By the way, these are the versions of my Visual Studio and Windows:

Visual Studio Community 2015 Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3

Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Regards,

Kevin_O_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

If the error reproduces in update 3. I will definitely file a bug report.

You can file a support request using the following link.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-create-a-support-request-at-online-service-center

Kevin

Thanks Kevin,

It failed in Advisor 2019 Update 3 too. So, I opened a ticket (04122764) as you suggested. I will post more details once I get them.

Regards,

Hello,

I have the same issue with intel Advisor while running  release 2019 rev 4.

There is ant workaround or solution for that bug?

Hi,

I am facing the same issue, there is any solution or workaround to solve it?

Kevin_O_Intel1
Employee

We believe we have identified the root cause for this issue and are working on fix.I'll update ASAP.

Regards,

Kevin