Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4994 Discussions

Intel Advisor freeze when selecting loops from Survey & Rootline tab

Pardo_Arroyo__Ernest

I was running Intel Advisor 2019 from Visual Studio 2015. I was selecting the loops for a Check Dependencies analysis when Visual Studio froze suddenly (see Advisor-freezes.jpg). I opened the Task Manager and I saw that the process for visual studio was waiting for advisor's process. Then I analyzed its wait chain (See Advisor-Wait-Chain-1.jpg and Advisor-Wait-Chain-2.JPG files). I found that threads 10212 and 23376 were waiting for thread 8156. I got the stacks of these threads (see corresponding attached txt files), and a dump file (it's compressed). My license for Intel Advisor is for a student. Do you know how could I open a ticket to report this bug?,

Regards,

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Kevin_O_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

Can you tell me the version of Advisor you are using? You mention 2019... are you using the latest version (update 3)

Kevin

0 Kudos
Pardo_Arroyo__Ernest

Hi Kevin,

It was Advisor 2019 update 2. As a workaround, I have been running Intel Advisor from the Intel Advisor GUI. I have installed  Advisor update 3 a few weeks ago. I will try to reproduce the error to see if it happens again.

By the way, these are the versions of my Visual Studio and Windows:

Visual Studio Community 2015 Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3

Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Regards,

0 Kudos
Kevin_O_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

If the error reproduces in update 3. I will definitely file a bug report.

You can file a support request using the following link.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-create-a-support-request-at-online-service-center

Kevin

0 Kudos
Pardo_Arroyo__Ernest

Thanks Kevin,

It failed in Advisor 2019 Update 3 too. So, I opened a ticket (04122764) as you suggested. I will post more details once I get them.

Regards,

0 Kudos
spiegel__yehonatan

Hello,

I have the same issue with intel Advisor while running  release 2019 rev 4.

There is ant workaround or solution for that bug?

0 Kudos
spiegel__yehonatan

Hi,

I am facing the same issue, there is any solution or workaround to solve it?

0 Kudos
Kevin_O_Intel1
Employee

We believe we have identified the root cause for this issue and are working on fix.I'll update ASAP.

Regards,

Kevin

0 Kudos