Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Intel Thread Profiler (OpenMP)

Intel_C_Intel
Employee

Hi folks,

I am facing an error and I will be greatfull if someone knows anything about it.

First let me give the context, I have to machines a development one and a target one.

dev_machine:-pentium 4 + Windows XP pro

-dev tools: VisualC++ .NET2003 + integrated IntelC++ Compiler 9.1

-application to run: Pi calculation with OpenMP pragmas

target_machine: -Core Duo T2300 + Windows XP pro

-Dev Software: VTune + Thread Profiler

My aim is to observe the load balancing of threads over CPUs, to follow callgraph view and Overtime view.

This is what Thread Profiler prompts to me :

"While some of the Intel Thread Profiler(OpenMP*) collector's modules of interest are linked to an OpenMP library, these libraries are not able to generate statistics:

Production OpenMP static Library: liguide40.lib

(linked with /Qopenmp and /MT[Default]) ....See OpenMP Run-time libraries for Intel Thread Profiler..."

Sorry I face some problem to insert the complete error prompt

Regards

Ken

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vasanth_T_Intel
Employee

Hello Ken,

Here's a solution that will work for you:

- If you choose /MD instead, you should be able to see the OPenMP Thread Profiler reports. We recommend you use dynamic runtime DLLs, especially with the Intel Threading Tools.

The OpenMP Thread Profiler provides you with a summary of what is going on in the parallel OpenMP application. If you also need to look at call graph and Sampling overtime views, you will need to use the call-graph and sampling collectors respectively.

Regards,

--Vasanth Tovinkere

0 Kudos
ken-cedric_guillot

Hi Vasanth,

Thanks for your answer, but it still doesn't work.

It says:

"The Intel Thread Profiler (OpenMP*) collecter could not perform the load check on .

Either the file is corrupt or its dependent dlls could not be resolved.Make sure the path in the application/module profile configuration is set up correctlyfor dll resolution before attempting to run this activity."

I 've check everything, I am getting desperate.

Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos