Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Memory Access analysis failure

Byung-Hyun_You
The following error occurred while performing memory access.

2022-11-26-20-29-15.png

VTune Profiler 2022.4.1

Compiler: IntelLLVM 2022.2.1 (icx)

I've attached my vtune-self-checker.bat results.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JyothisV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

Can you get back with the following information so that we can assist you better:

1. Are you running Intel VTune Profiler with administrative privileges? If not, try running it with administrative privileges for the analysis since some of profiling require the same.

2. Is the executable running for a significant amount of time so that Intel VTune Profiler is able to collect enough data for profiling? If not, try increasing the runtime of the executable or doing multiple runs.

3. The processor which is installed in the system

4. Additionally, a sample reproducer code which can be used to replicate the issue from our side and the steps that you followed.

Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos
Byung-Hyun_You

1. Yes. I ran VTune with administrative privileges.

2. I've tried several cases (less than 10 sec, longer than 2 hrs). Memory Access analysis failed in all cases.

3. The error is only shown in the i9-12900H processor. The other processor (i9-12900KS) has no problem at all.

4. I will try to make the sample codes, but I'm not sure if it reproduces the issue.

0 Kudos
JyothisV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

Sorry for the delay. Thanks for getting back to you.

We tried replicating the issue from our side on an Intel Core i7-12800H (H-series Alder Lake) processor with Microsoft Windows 11 Enterprize on the official Matrix Multiplication sample and was unable to reproduce the issue (screenshot attached).

Are you observing this issue specifically on only Intel Core i9-12900H processor. If possible, do get back to us with the sample reproducer codes so that we can try it from our side.

Thanks and Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos
JyothisV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

We have not received any update from your side regarding the same. Is the issue resolved? If not, do get back to us with the sample reproducer so that we can verify this from our side.

Thanks and Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos
JyothisV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

We have not heard back from you. Intel will no longer monitor this thread. If you need any further assistance, please post a new question.

Thanks and Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos