Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Memory utilization using Vtune on P4 processor

santoshsridhar
Beginner
Hi,
I am using a P4 (3Ghz) dual core processor.
While using the CLI toool of Vtune Amplifier I see only options for Core 2 processor family,"Nehalem" , and "Sandy Bridge".
Can you please suggest how to calculate memory utilization for the CPU I use?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_O_Intel1
Employee

Vtune Amplifier does not support the P4 processor.

If you have a license then the olderversion of Vtune (Intel Vtune 9.1 update 8) does support this processor.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kevin
0 Kudos
santoshsridhar
Beginner
Hi,
All other functionalities of Vtune Amplifier are working fine on this processor through the CLI tool (example:hotspots/concurrency) apart from the commands on the mentioned microarchitecture/processor families
The licensed Intel C++ Studio we are using comes with Vtune Amplifier of following version:
[root@MGR bin]# amplxe-cl -version
Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2011 Update 5 (build 186533) Command Line Tool
Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
[root@MEDMGR bin]# amplxe-cl -versionIntel VTune Amplifier XE 2011 Update 5 (build 186533) Command Line ToolCopyright (C) 2009-2011 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
Pleae let me know if I can calculate memory utilization with this processor through Vtune
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Vtune Amplifier does not support the P4 processor.

If you have a license then the olderversion of Vtune (Intel Vtune 9.1 update 8) does support this processor.

That seems to me illogical to stop supporting some CPUs. Computers with P4 processors are still in use for
testing purposes, like stress testing, performanceverifications, etc.
0 Kudos