Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Message box on Visual Studio start up

John_D_14
Beginner
I've just installed VTune 7.2 including the VS 2003 integration. Now, whenever I start VS.NET I get a message box with the title "VTune Performance Analyzer" and the message "d:VTune5.0sharedvpesrcaseEmbeddedHelpEmbeddedHtmlHelp.cpp", followed by similar boxes complaining about other source files.
We frequently use VS.NET in a non-interactive way, and these message boxes are causing problems. Can I get rid of them?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
My guess is you once had the older version of Vtune installed, and it has not been removed cleanly. You may need to search the registry to clean out entries referring to the old Vtune. You might start with one of the registry cleaning tools, if you haven't done so. The old Microsoft RegClean has always been harmless for me, even if it doesn't get the entire job done.
0 Kudos
John_D_14
Beginner
Hi Tim,

Thanks. I tried RegClean 4.1and it made no difference. I then uninstalled VTune andmanually removed any remaining registry entries that included the phrase "VTune". VS.NET then started fine.I re-installed VTune 7.2 and the message boxes came back again. So I'm stuck. I could install VTune without the integration option but I think it will be useful. Do you have any other suggestions?
0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Hi John:
I suggest you submit this to Intel Premier Support (it is free!). It sounds like the help integration is not working and we would need to investigate, with your help, why.
Thanks,
0 Kudos
dlemmon1
Beginner
I am having the same issue. Any word on how it was resolved? Thanks.
0 Kudos