Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4994 Discussions

Modifying the VTune sampling drivers to capture the instruction info also and not just the numbers.

HarshVardhanKumar
New Contributor I

Hi,

Is it possible to modify the VTune sampling drivers to also capture the information about the instructions being executed during the time the drivers interrupt the system? This can help me to get information about the list of instructions during the lower port utilization.

If it's not possible, can you explain the reasons? 

Harsh

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. An opensource version of Vtune in available on Github that can be modified by any user. This is the link: https://github.com/intel/aca

It also comes with documentation on how to build and run it in a linux environment. Hope this helps.

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard from you in a while. Has the solution provided helped? Is your query resolved? If yes, can we discontinue monitoring this thread?

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Hi Harsh

Theoretically you can add so called "self-profiling" features to the sepdk drivers. By stating "self-profiling" I meant an

addition of the calls to RDPMC instruction issued by the sepdk routines during the course of their execution.

0 Kudos
HarshVardhanKumar
New Contributor I

Thanks for the reply. Let me try and come back.

0 Kudos
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard from you in a while. Has the solution provided helped? Is your query resolved? If yes, can we discontinue monitoring this thread?

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos
HarshVardhanKumar
New Contributor I

Hi,

Sure, you can discontinue monitoring this thread.

Thanks,

Harsh

0 Kudos
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for the confirmation. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos