Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

My machine is Ivybridge E5-2692v2, but when I try to use -collect snb-memory-access ,it fails.

sun_s_
Beginner

My machine is Ivybridge E5-2692v2, but when I try to use -collect snb-memory-access ,it says that "This analysis type is not applicable to the current machine michroarchitecture". But since the command option snb-memory-access is used for Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge, how can it be wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Vitaly_S_Intel
Employee

Sorry for that issue, there are more details.

0 Kudos
sun_s_
Beginner

Vitaly Slobodskoy (Intel) wrote:

Sorry for that issue, there are more details.

I've seen the link that you given to me.

Does that mean that there are still some problems when runing amplxe-cl -collect on Ivybridge ?

I've got another problem too.

When I try to use amplxe-cl -collect snb-general-exploration on Ivybridge, it says"osi_DLL_Error:libivytown.so:cannot open shared object file: No such

file or directory.Unable to open shard library :libivytown.so"

Do you have any idea about this error ? 

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi sun:

No, that is a different issue.  You are using a newly released processor for which support has not been made publicly available, yet.  The next update of VTune(TM) Amplifier XE 2013 should include this support.  Watch for the update information in the Registration Center and Intel(R) Software Update Manager.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Good news, sun!  Update 14 has just been released and provides support for:

• Intel® microarchitecture code named Silvermont
  • Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v2 & E5-1600 v2 processors based on the Intel microarchitecture code name IvyBridge-EP

Please visit the Intel® Software Development Product Registration Center to download Update 14.

See what else is new in Update 14!

0 Kudos
sun_s_
Beginner

@MrAnderson (Intel)

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos