Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

No complaint about use of uninitialized variables in simple Fortran test cases?

johnappleyard377
Beginner

Hi

I'm trying to use Inspector on the simple examples in the Polyhedron test suite (http://www.polyhedron.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/win32_diagnose_src.zip), but I don't get the error reports I expect.  Am I doing something wrong?

Taking UIN7 as an example, it's compiled from the command line using

ifort uin7.for      /debug:full /Od /libs:dll /threads /dbglibs

and I use the stand-alone GUI to do a "Memory Error Analysis - Locate Memory Problems" analysis, with "Detect uninitialized memory reads" checked.

The command line is:

inspxe-cl -collect mi3 -knob detect-uninit-read=true -knob revert-uninit=false -knob analyze-stack=true -knob detect-leaks-on-exit=true -knob detect-resource-leaks=true -knob enable-memory-growth-detection=true -knob enable-on-demand-leak-detection=true -knob remove-duplicates=true -knob still-allocated-memory=true -knob stack-depth=16 -mrte-mode=auto -module-filter-mode=include -app-working-dir J:\diagnose\windows -- J:\diagnose\windows\uin7.exe

At first, I do get an "uninitialized memory access", but it seems to be unrelated - I get it even if I fix the error in UIN7.

Description    Source    Function    Module    Object Size    Offset
Read    crtexe.c:536    _tmainCRTStartup    uin7.exe        
     uin7.exe!main
    >uin7.exe!_tmainCRTStartup - crtexe.c:536
     uin7.exe!mainCRTStartup - crtexe.c:376
     kernel32.dll!BaseThreadInitThunk
     ntdll.dll!RtlInitializeExceptionChain

With that suppressed, I get no error reports.  The other tests behave similarly.

0 Kudos
0 Replies