Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

OPENGL memory leaks

Peter_S_8
Beginner

Hello from germany

I have just started with the Intel Inspector and wonder why it throws a lot of memory leak messages referring

to functios as wglCreateContext - wglMakeCurrent and so on.

All these handle were released at program exit, with error checking and everything looks fine.

Additionally it creates the same error multiple times - shows the same line of code..

I would be happy for any explaation or solution

kind regards

Peter

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
If your code does something like the following example: ... HDC hdc = NULL; HGLRC hglrc = NULL; hglrc = wglCreateContext( hdc ); ... // Processing with OpenGL API functions ... wglDeleteContext( hglrc ); ... then you could simply ignore that Inspector XE message.
0 Kudos
Holly_W_Intel
Employee

Sergey is correct that if your actual code is safe (which his example is) you can just go ahead and ignore the messages or set up a suppression to automatically remove them.

We are currently in the process of doing some work to improve our handling of memory deallocated at_exit(). If you would like to be informed when we have an update and give us feedback on how it works for you, please send me an email. (holly.l.wilper@intel.com)

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi Holly, >>...We are currently in the process of doing some work to improve our handling of memory deallocated at_exit()... It would be nice to learn more about that new technique. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Holly_W_Intel
Employee

Unfortunately I don't have that many details that I can give you, right now. I'll stick a mental pin in this topic to update it when there is more I can say. (sorry).

0 Kudos