Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

Parallel studio xe 2016 installation problem: vtss and sepdrv3_15 not allowed

Serge_M_1
Beginner

Hello all,

I've encoutered two error messages when I have installed parallel_studio_xe_2016.

Windows7 does not allow to install vtss.ys and sepdrv3_15.sys because they are not registered and Windows7 requires registered drivers only.

I would like to use fortran compiler with Visual studio 2015; Are these two drivers absolutely needed ? What will be the drawbacks or unexpected problems without these drivers ?

Where can I find these drivers ?

Thanks by advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Those drivers would be needed for full functionality in vtune but not otherwise for Fortran. If your organization has set a local administrator policy to block installation of those drivers, one would think you could ask those who set the policy.

0 Kudos
Serge_M_1
Beginner

Hi Tim,

many thanks for your prompt answer!

Sincerely.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I'm moving this question to the VTune Amplifier XE forum where VTune experts can comment further about the driver.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

1. Open a cmd with administrator privilege 

2. Change directory to vtune-installation-dir\bin64

3. You can run amplxe-sepreg.exe with parameters, "-s" to check drivers' status, "-i" to install, "-u" to uninstall

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hey, Serge!  Check out this post at the top of the VTune Amplifier forum.  If you want to do hardware-based sampling, you need these drivers.

0 Kudos