Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

Performance Events not supported by VTune?

caljohnston
Beginner
I have seen a lot of performance events supported by Xeon 5500 series, say, UNC_L3_HITS.READ (from Intel 64 and IA-32 Architectures Software Developers Manual , Appendix A). But a lot of these events are not supported by VTune?

BR,
Cal
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_T_Intel
Please, let us know which VTune version you were trying.
0 Kudos
caljohnston
Beginner
Quoting - caljohnston
I have seen a lot of performance events supported by Xeon 5500 series, say, UNC_L3_HITS.READ (from Intel 64 and IA-32 Architectures Software Developers Manual , Appendix A). But a lot of these events are not supported by VTune?

BR,
Cal

Sorry, forgot to put the version: VTune 9.1 update 2 - 226 Linux. Thanks for your response!

BR,
Cal
0 Kudos
Vladimir_T_Intel
As you might know, Core i7 microarchitecture represents Core parts of the processor (Decoders, 1L, 2L Cache, Register Allocation Table, Reservation Station, Execution Units, Reorder Buffer, etc.) and Uncore part (Last Level Cache, Integrated memory controller, QuickPath Interconnect Controller, Global Queue). At the moment VTune supports events of PMUs located on Core part only. The event you mentioned above corresponds to Uncore part and is not supported by the current VTune version as well as other Uncore events.
0 Kudos