Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Problem in analyzing the performance of object files in VTune

gnageswararao
Beginner
Hi,
I got a problem when I used Vtune analyzer for my application (MPEG-4 Encoder) code for performance analysis. My work space ( in Embedded Visual C++) includes both C files and object files. The object code is generated from ARMASM.exe from arm asm files. And I am running the application on Microsoft Pocket PC 2002with target PXA2xx processor .
when I am looking into the performance analysisVtune analyzer is not displaying the performance for the functions which are local in object files( which are declared, defined and used in the same file). But it is showing the performance for the functions which are defined in object files but usedin C files .
I hope you understand my problem, could please you give me any solution to analyze the performance of functionin the object files.
-G.Nageswara Rao
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Paul_P_Intel1
Employee
Hi gnageswararao,
Have you submitted this problem report to Intel Premier Support? This is the best way to get timely, quality responses to your support questions. This forum isn't necessarily monitored by the support team.
Paul
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Do the hidden functions have external references? Possibly, if you declared a reference to them in the C code, even though they are not called, Vtune might see them.
0 Kudos