Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4999 Discussions

Question about Intel Software

Zhanghong_T_
Novice

Dear all,

I have some trouble in debugging my program: the output data by the program is not exactly the same at different runs when I input exactly the same data to this program. I don't know what lead to this problem. Is there any Intel software/suggestion to check this kindly of proglem?

I also tried to lauch two processes by mpiexec and so the proecesses are running at the same time and the output data by these two processes are also not exactly the same.  Is there any Intel Software which can compare all data of two processes launched by mpiexec any time (for example, insert some function to some location of the code and let the function to compare data of two processes)?

Thanks,

Zhanghong Tang

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Usually use debugging tool to find program's logical error...

Use Intel(R) Inspector XE 2013 to detect errors, such as memory boundary check.

Use Inet(R) VTune(TM) Amplifier XE 2013 to gather performance data for two sessions, compare their workloads (clockticks) of hot functions, to find some clues. 

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...I have some trouble in debugging my program: the output data by the program is not exactly the same at different runs >>when I input exactly the same data to this program. You need to debug your program in order to understand why it happens. If you have some Tracing API that creates a log-file turn it on ( use it ) and it will show you a flow of execution for different runs. I don't think that any software could find logical errors of algorithms used in some program ( in binary codes! / not in sources ).
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

What debugger are you using?You need to collect your program dumps on every run and compare the stacks and context.

0 Kudos