Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Re:Can I use Intel Advisor 2021 to analyze application built using ICC/ICL 2019 v19.1?

RaeesaM_Intel

Hi Mike ,

Thank you for posting in Intel Analyzers Forum.

Yes, you can use Intel Advisor 2021 to analyze application built using ICC/ICL 2019 v19.1.

You can check the release notes to find the supported compilers :

https://software.intel.com/content/dam/develop/external/us/en/documents/intel-advisor-2021-2-release-notes.pdf

Advisor 2021 supports Intel c++ compiler version 15 or higher.

Hope this helps . We would be happy to help you.

Regards,

Raeesa

10 Replies
mikeitexpert
New Contributor II
Raeesa,
I just tried it yesterday it worked just fine. Thanks for follow up.

Though, I can get it's gui visualaze the reports. For some reason it crashes right after it loads the results. So I had to revert to csv and text reports instead. My guess is that i have got too much results to be handled by the Advisor GUI. I like the GUI better, since it tells me precis recommendations.

I would appreciate any further comments.

Otherwise feel free to close this thread.

Regards
0 Kudos
Ruslan_M_Intel
Employee

Can you tell a little bit more about the crash? What exact actions cause it? Can you get the same crash on much smaller workload (e.g. some sample from Advisor package)?

mikeitexpert
New Contributor II

Sure! I don't do anything special ... 

1) Create a new project 

2) The I press the Vectorization and Code insight | Low | Play button

3) While it is finalizing the the data ... boom then it crashes.

I tried to exit(0) earlier in the application just lower the work load but didn't work either.

However, the command line (CLI) is working just fine no crash or anything ... very smooth and consistent. 

The only thing I am missing in CLI is Recommendation tab as discussed here/below:

mikeitexpert_0-1620300262383.png

Let me know if you have any comments.

Regards

0 Kudos
Ruslan_M_Intel
Employee

That's quite unexpected to get crashes having Low Accuracy mode enabled. Low Accuracy mode stands for "Low Overhead" collection with minimal impact on profiled app and\or OS. Could you please share your app you're doing tests on (if possible)? Also please share Advisor project you gathered.

0 Kudos
mikeitexpert
New Contributor II

Unfortunately it is a proprietary application. However, if advisor generates a log file / crash file. I would be more than happy to share. 

Otherwise, please let me know how I can generate the recommendation tab (as brought to your attention above). 

Regards

0 Kudos
Ruslan_M_Intel
Employee

Oh, I see. In this case you could generate html report instead.

0 Kudos
RaeesaM_Intel
0 Kudos
RaeesaM_Intel

Hi Mike,

Did you try the suggestions provided ? Is your issue resolved ? Please let us know the updates .

Regards,

Raeesa

0 Kudos
mikeitexpert
New Contributor II

Yes the issue is pretty much resolved. 

I will try further to see if I can generate recommendation tab later (perhaps in a new thread).

Much appreciate it.

Regards,

0 Kudos
RaeesaM_Intel

Hi ,

Thank you for the confirmation. We would no longer monitor this thread. Please raise a new query if you face any further issues. We would be happy to help you.

Regards,

Raeesa

0 Kudos