Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

Remote Data Collection setup.

sharshera
Beginner
As per Dave's advice to use RDC instead of running vtlec across the network, I am trying to get our system setup so that I can run collections and call graphs remotely.

I am confused as to what should be installed where?

Now, our configuration is: Vtune is installed on a server machine that I connect to using ssh and just tunnel X to my desktop machine. Sometimes the GUI becomes very slow and hence I want to use the RDC.

I downloaded the RDC and installed it on my desktop which looks to me like the wrong thing to do since first I am running RedHat WS V4.0 and this machine is not the machine that I want the collection to run on. So, if I am not mistaken (correct me if I am wrong please) we should uninstall the Vtune analyzer installed on the server and just install RDC there with the VDK and then install the real Vtune analyzer which has vtl and vtlec on my desktop machine, is that what I should do?

If that is the case, then would I loose the data that I have collected so far, would pack and go just save the results for me and then I should probably import them to the new setup.

Hameed.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
colin
Beginner
Hi Hameed,

You're right about how to set it up. I use VTune on my desktop and RDC on the server.

I don't know about the files but maybe you could just copy them from the server to desktop using ftp or samba.

Colin
0 Kudos