Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Remote client?

John_W_3
Beginner

I am able to generate results with VTune and Advisor on a KNL development system that we have using command line invocation. When I try to load the results into the GUI over two ssh hops the data will not load and VTune and Advisor will just hang if the latency is too long. I desperately need a linux client that does not require a license so that I can locally view results that were generated on a system with a license. I have been trying to get access to a trial version of parallel studio to get me through to a deadline but when I request it I never get an email telling me how to download it. Can someone please help me out?

Thanks.

jgw

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jackson_M_Intel
Employee

Hello,

VTune now includes Cross-OS support. Are you aware of this? Does this help your issue? You may need to download the newer update.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-vtune-amplifier-intel-advisor-and-intel-inspector-now-include-cross-os-support

0 Kudos
John_W_3
Beginner

Jackson,

Thanks. Unfortunately that does not help my issue. I don't have control of the installation or licensing as it is on a supercomputer that I am a user of. Intel should follow Allinea's lead and let anyone download the client and remote connect for accessing licenses.

And I still don't know why when I requested a trial download I never heard anything back. Nothing.

Thanks.

jgw

0 Kudos
Ekaterina_L_Intel

Hello,

Can you please try getting Trial download of VTune Amplifier for Linux standalone through this link:

https://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/forms/?productid=1810

Once you fill all the required fields and press Submit, a mail with download link should be in your mailbox shortly. If you don't see the mail after 10-15 mins please let me know your mail address via Private Message here, and we will check Registration Center database.

Regards, Katya

0 Kudos
John_W_3
Beginner

Hi,

I was able to download the trial version. A message finally came to my inbox telling me it was available for download 3 days after I made the request.

Thank you.

jgw

0 Kudos