Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Remote probing on Windows/Linux

nir_g_
Beginner

Hi,

I wish to probe both Windows and Linux targets remotely using Windows based machine to run the GUI.

1. How is the remote connection done to windows targets? Is that ssh based like the Linux?    

2. Do I need to buy both Windows and Linux license? 

Thanks,

Nir

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

I think there is no license required for the product on Linux*, if you only install the data collector,command line and other components except GUI component.

About using remote data collection, you can refer to VTune's online helper or see this article for steps. 

0 Kudos
nir_g_
Beginner

Hi,

thanks for the fast replay..

Regrinding my first question, I was asking if there's a remote windows->windows probing mode. Windows->Linux is working grate, i'm already using it in the past week using the evaluation license.   

Thanks

Nir

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

There is no Windows platform for the target. 

The working mode could be one of below:

Linux (target) to Linux (host)

Linux (target) to Windows (host)

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

And, so, the solution for the remote Windows* system is to install the command line interface (CLI - see Release Notes for instructions), collect the data via the command line and copy it over to the Windows host for analysis.

Note, also, that with the VTune™ Amplifier XE 2015 beta, OS X* is a valid host.  Target is always Linux*, except with the Intel® System Studio, which also supports an Android* target.

0 Kudos